By checking out these writing coaching packages, you’re taking the first step toward your writing goals. I’m excited. Are you excited?
I have a variety of coaching packages to choose from. All you need to do is pick the one that sounds good, and we can book a free 30-minute call to make sure you and I are a good match and to answer any questions you might have. Let’s chat!
What is a Writing Coach?
Writing coaches offer the tools you need to set goals and help you achieve them. That’s the simple answer. This can mean different things to different people.
An example or two might be…
- For the person who wants to take the plunge into becoming a full-time writer, this can mean coaching them to develop and impliment a strategy to make that happen, all the while working with them to iron out any problems along the way.
- For the budding writer who has a story knocking around in their head but hasn’t picked up a pen since high school, it can be looking at how to get started, create beneficial writing practices, and turn out a first draft.
- To the seasoned first-draft-novelist who has a desk full of first drafts but gets lost and frustrated with the revision process, a writing coach can help go over the draft, pin point what the author thinks is missing, and create a methodical means of revision and editing.
These are just a few things that a writing coach can help with.
Writing Coaching Packages
No matter which coaching package you choose, you will get:
- My undivided attention and charming personality (no additional charge!)
- 1 hour talking all about you and your writing project
- A piece of homework or exercise at the end of the session, tailored to your individual needs
- An email following up with the piece of homework
- Subscription to my weekly newsletter including writing and journal prompts, up to date news from Natural Writer Coaching, and a heads up on writing workshops, conferences, retreats, and more. Not for you? You can unsubscribe at any time. No judgement!
May Special Offer
Right now, during the Corona Virus Pandemic, I recognize that there are so many people trying to use this time to write, but are stuck in a state of confusion, anxiety, depression, mourning, etc., and they don’t know how to start.
Single Session Coaching Packages
You can purchase a single session or a Monthly Bundle coaching package, which is just four single sessions.
These sessions are self-contained. This means that these coaching sessions won’t carry on from the last session. You can ask me or talk to me about anything in your writing life or work in progress, no matter what point you’re at in your writing journey. This can be that you’re hung up on the development of a certain plot point, or the intensity of a character, or it can be talking about holes in your plot that you’re trying to mend. With the single sessions, you can purchase just one session at a time, or, if you feel like you would benefit from more than one, you can buy a bundle of 4 single sessions for a package discount.
Who Are Single Session Coaching Packages For?
Whether you are buying a one off or a package, the single sessions are for those of you who:
- Don’t know that you can commit to regular weekly sessions, but want to work toward regularity
- Are new to coaching and are testing out the waters
- You are anywhere in your writing journey: have an idea and need to get started or have just completed your rough draft and have no idea how to start editing.
- You’re on a tight budget
Want to know more? Book a free call with me and we can talk and see what’s right for you.
All-In Month Coaching Package
The All-In Month Coaching Package is a little more hardcore than the free-flowing Single Session packages.
This package includes emails between coaching sessions, up to two a day, where you can ask me questions and clarifications (the emails, of course, don’t count what I send you, only what you send me). Furthermore, I’ll provide developmental commentary along the way with your work in progress. Here’s the breakdown of what you get in this coaching package:
- 4 x hour-long Skype or Zoom calls
- 2 emails w/ response per weekday (10 emails a week)
- Up to 5000 words of your WIP reviewed by me.
This means you send me up to 5k words of your work in progress, I read it three times, and I provide three pieces of developmental commentary to guide you. You have the choice of saving up each piece of commentary until the end of the month, or you can receive it during each session.
- A homework assignment related to your work in progress each week, designed to address issues you’re experiencing regarding your work in progress, your writing routing, or stress surrounding your art.
During the first session, we set a goal for the month and devise a way of obtaining that writing goal, including steps to take to measurable success.
Who the All-In Month Coaching Package is For
You may have noticed that I said I would read up to 5,000 words of your manuscript each week. That’s because I believe that you can write 5,000 words a week. No problem. If you can do that, then you can write a 50,000-word novel in 10 weeks.
10 weeks. That’s not even three months. You can do that. But it is going to be hard work.
This package is for you if:
- You are at the beginning stages of your book and you need someone to set you up with a good routine and know-how so you can write “The End” on your rough draft.
- If you have a manuscript that’s done, but needs some work and you need to know where to begin
- If you want to write more than a book a year
- If you can dedicate time every day to work on your MS
- If you are dedicated to writing more than 1,000 words a day, or want to get to that point
- If you want to start treating writing as a career instead of a hobby
- You can commit to weekly sessions
Treating writing as a career is the first step to calling yourself a professional. According to Steven Pressfield in The War of Art, you are a pro writer when you treat writing like it’s your job. This package is to help you get into the professional writer mindset. Book your free call with me to find out more.
6-Month All-In Package
The 6 Month All-In Coaching Package, which you might have guessed, is the All-In Coaching package for a six-month span of time.
This package isn’t for the hobbyist. This is for those intent on getting writing done. While, at a glance, it might look like the Monthly All-In, there are two very big additions to this package.
Let me break down what you get with the 6-Month All-In Package:
- The first session will be setting up an overall goal for the 6-month period, a goal for each month, and steps to reach and celebrate each goal achieved. The first session, of course, we will also be talking about your MS.
- 24 x hour-long coaching calls
- Up to 5 emails per day weekday (25 emails a week)
- Up to 5,000 words of your MS read each week with 3 pieces of critique. You can have the option of receiving the critiques each session or once a month.
- Weekly homework assignments tailored to prominent detail discussed during the session and/or toward achieving your goal
- At the completion of the six months, I will read your manuscript start to finish, three times, and provide a complete developmental edit critique of the completed MS.
In case you missed it, the two big additions are the complete developmental edit once your MS is completed as well as getting you from start to finish in six months.
In this package, I will be working with you both as a coach and a developmental editor. If you are dedicated enough, with the 6-Month All-In Coaching Package, you have the potential to complete the six months with a polished manuscript.
Who the All-In Month Coaching Package is For
Like I said, this package isn’t for the faint of heart, but for those who are willing to put in the sweat and tears into their work. You have a story burning up inside you, clawing to get out, so I’m going to help you let it roar.
The 6-Month All-In Coaching Package is for those of you who
- Have the beginning of a story or an idea for one and you need guidance, accountability, and that firm push to get it written and finished
- Want to delve into the publishing world within a year
- Are dedicated to writing daily at least 1,000 words a day
- Are ready to treat your writing like a career
- Want to write more than one book a year
- Are in it for the long-haul
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to make things happen with your writing? Get ahold of me, let’s talk.